View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 05:30 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
I find FMQ much easier on my Janome with its Start/Stop button that I can pre-set the speed on, rather than my Pfaff QE4 which is pedal only. The thread I've saved with the auto thread cutter has about paid for the machine, lol.

For appliqué, I prefer the Pfaff with the auto-pivot. This lifts the presser foot automatically, with needle down, when you stop sewing and automatically puts it down when you start sewing again, doing away with the need for a knee lift.

Now I need to find a machine that does it all!
That is why I love my machine. The auto thread cutter, the stop/start button, it doesn't have a pressor foot lever because it does it all on its own, when I have the needle down engaged it auto-pivots. I don't have the knee lifter but if you tap the foot pedal when you have it to auto start it'll stop it. Viking makes their machines so that all you have to do is hit the pressor foot or the start/stop button and it takes off. No putting the pressor foot down, or pulling the thread up thru the bottom and I can either hit the fix button to tie the thread off or when I hit the auto thread cutter it ties the thread before cutting. I took a class using the latest Brother last yr and it was a great machine but I hated that I had to go thru a couple of steps before it would sew. Almost each time I got ready to start, it would beep at me because I missed a step. Other than that the machine did a good job but that was a big deal with me.