Thread: singer 15 91
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 10:54 AM
quiltlady1941

Default singer 15 91

What are your thought on buying a refurbished machine...they go from 150 + shipping and up....which is around 45.00. on ebay..

then there are a few on ebay that are not refurbished that are 50 and a little more, that they say works..

I don't know how much it cost to have one of these machines fixed and if you have to have a specialty person to fix them, will a regular sewing machine shop fix them? I asked my hubby if he could rewire it if I got one that had older wires on it and he said maybe..LOL,,that didn't sound to good..Also if I bought one that needed work I may be ahead to get one that was refurbished and not have to try and find someone to fix it and then the cost to fix it maybe a lot..

I really want one of these machines after reading how well they FMQ and they have a bigger throat and they are a real work horse of a machine...Just can't make up my mind which one I should buy, any help on this would be great..

I have been looking on Craig's list and nothing listed ebay has a few I also have been looking for one for a few months now with no luck...Thanks for your help ...Carol