Thread: Just one bite.
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 02:05 PM
emc1118

Funny story, when the kiddos were at home, they ate what was fixed, I wasn't a short order cook. At 20 and 14, they went out to dinner with the family the older one was a nanny for at the time. It was a Chinese restaurant, and several families were there together. They ordered family style, about one of everything on the menu. As the dishes went around the table, my two tried a little of everything. (Shark fin soup, octapus, blackened swordfish, etc) The mother told them that I did a great job of raising them because they would try anything. They both cracked up and all but fell off the chair. She finally asked what the joke was, the 14 year old told her that I don't eat anything out of the norm, they just got me to eat broccoli last year. So the moral to the story was, yes they ate what was in front of them, but apparently I didn't give them any variety, just the willingness to try different things. I may be picky, fussy, call it what you will, but I can always find something I like no matter where we go to eat.

Last edited by emc1118; 05-19-2013 at 02:12 PM.