View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 08:31 PM
JanTx

Default Janome 6600 mystery

I got my Janome 6600 in February so have a good deal of experience on it, but feel I'm still in the learning stages. When I sew straight stitches it's doing fine, but just a few days ago it started chewing on fabric when I set it for decorative stitches - the blanket stitch and zigzag are what I have tried. The feed dogs move the fabrid ahead for a few stitches then it sits and chews the fabric until I stop it. The thread is then wrapped around the stitch plate and I have to use my ripper to get under there and cut through the stitches. I've done all the usual - new needle, off then on, cleaned out bobbin casing, basically the things I do anytime there's a problem. I've put the dogs up and down just in case they were somehow stuck. I had a deadline and ended up finishing two quilts on my little Brother machine. My husband is going to call the repair shop on Monday and see if he can get any quick help. If it goes into the shop they say to expect a 4 week wait for repair.

Anyone have something like this happen to this machine? It went from working to not working in the blink of an eye!