Old 05-19-2013, 09:53 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by LoisM View Post
I live in a 4 bedroom house (no basement) and even I wouldn't have room for it. Though, come to think of it, if it was in my city (or even nearby), I think I'd make room for it in my bedroom. I seem to see a LOT of sewing machines in cabinets listed in Goodwill for pick up only in Indianapolis.
I have cabinets wall to wall and stacked. I don't have a Davis... Do Davis hinges line up with Singer hinges??? The treadle bases I have do not all have cabinet mates. The machines don't go with them either. Pretty bazaar lot in there... I'm going to have to have a massive sale here or haul them all to your'alls houses.

Among others, I have a Margarette cabinet/legs without a head. The head was a fiddle base. Would a different fiddle head fit in there? The cabinet is nice. I'm short on Singer sets.

Yes I am hauling machines home from GW pretty regularly - so are 2 or 3 others. Someone is specializing in the computer machines. Someone is specializing in machines that aren't computer but does various stitches. They out bid me usually. I don't know them. It would be better if we worked together though. I wonder where all those machines come from. I don't see much on CL at all. I don't know where the machines are going later... I have found a few from garage sales but not enough to burn gas looking. It's a head scratcher. Quite a few of the machines I've gotten have been very nice. Then I have some that are hopeless if I expect to turn a dollar... If you have your eye on one... shrug... Lately there have been some on there I'm just not going to buy. I can't get rid of them if I do... I turned down a couple today. I don't know how to get rid of them fast enough. Maybe I need to load up the truck and go on a road trip.

Last edited by miriam; 05-19-2013 at 10:05 PM.