Thread: Just one bite.
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 10:52 PM
quiltingcandy

When our eldest daughter was very small and she did not eat hamburger - it didn't matter what it was in she didn't eat it. So my husband in his infinite wisdom said she had to eat the meatloaf. So of course here come the tears, but she ate it and then within minuted started to throw up. I said it was his rule he got to clean it up. To this day she does not eat meatloaf, she will eat a hamburger with only lettuce and pickles, but rarely finishes them. He was brought up a member of the clean plate group and I was brought up as a member of "No Thank you" group. What was fixed for dinner was what was eaten or you went hungry, which she did from time to time. But no more throwing up at the dinner table.

There are a lot of foods I don't care for and so I have not problem with making a child taste it, they usually want to when they see everyone else eats it, but sometimes it is because they don't like it, or don't feel good.

My youngest daughter went to lunch with me one time, our salads had slices of pickled beets, she tried it and loved it, asked why I never served them before and it was because I don't like them. And I don't like ham hocks and beans - she loves them. You just never know.