Thread: Housework Blahs
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 06:41 AM
oldmountaincrafts
Banned

I hate housework as much as the next person does, but it's one of those necessary evils that much be done. I used to be the type to procrastinate until it was just uninhabitable, but then it would take me even longer to do because I let it go as bad. Then I was introduced to the Fly Lady. She is incredible and has a no-nonsense, easy and wonderful way to keep your house clean by cleaning something every day. It may sound daunting, but honestly it isn't. Once you've done the deep cleaning to get everything back to where it should be, if you maintain everyday, it's a breeze. It literally takes me about 20 minutes every day to do my little list of maintenance and then I'm feeling great about my accomplishment, not guilty for sitting in my craft room for some me time and the house is presentable enough for any guest to drop by. OK, maybe not Mom's standards, but it's clean. I force myself to have all the dishes done everyday and go to bed with nothing in the sink unless it's clean and in the drying rack, I vacuum the whole house which takes about 10 minutes. (I have all hardwood floors and 4 dogs that shed something fierce), then I have my daily list of cleaning!

Her website is http://flylady.net/ and she is the bomb! Give her a real chance to get you where you need to be and you'll be glad that you did. Hope this helps some!