View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 07:26 AM
alisonquilts

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
...That took a long time to get in the habit ... and guess what? when I don't PP for awhile, I revert to the first method and have to re-train myself! UGH!
This is exactly what I mean! You recognize there is a better way, teach yourself the better way...and then revert as soon as you stop actively thinking about it.

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I still draw lines on flying geese. My friend said I'm wasting too much time and that I can sew a straight line and i know she's right, but I can't help myself, so I waste a lot of time drawing the lines on each one. I do the same when binding. I draw a line on each piece of binding. It does take a lot of extra time. I'm just too chicken to just sew straight across. I'm sure I can sew a straight line, but I don't dare try it.

And I use pins all the time. I know I don't need to, but I always pin everything. Wasting time pinning and drawing lines!!
I haven't done enough flying geese to really know the tricks, and whether drawing lines is a necessity or a crutch. I do think pins are wonderful....

Another of my blind spots is always ironing my (washed) fabric before folding it up and stuffing it into my fabric bins. I don't have a dryer so all of my fabric is dried on a line, and is therefore not very wrinkly. Even as I am ironing it I say to myself "You KNOW you are going to have to iron this again before you cut/use it...why are you spending time ironing it now?!" And yet I press on...

Alison