Old 05-20-2013, 07:57 AM
KLO

Default Pretty in Pink Atlas Precision Sewing Machine

My local Craig List had a posting for an Atlas machine. I absolutely do not need another machine. Really!!! But it was so cute in all it's pinkness and it was fairly local to me so I sent a query about the condition, runability (is that a word?), belt, power cord, bobbin case, etc. All seemed good except for the belt .... basically shredded. It even had a pink metal box full of feet and such. So I made what I thought was an offer that would not be accepted because as I mentioned, I really, really do not need another machine. As you can guess, the guy accepted the offer, met me at a local store yesterday, and sold me his mother's Atlas. Ugh! I DO NOT need another machine! But at least I saved her as he knew nothing about the machine. It says It needs to be cleaned up and the case/box needs some "smell away". So anyway, I need a new belt and a manual. Does anyone know where I can get either? I think the belt might be a generic so I will just have to measure it to get one. I will need to know where to oil it and how to thread it so hopefully I can find that manual. Oh and as most of you probably already know ..... That pink baby weighs a t-o-n but bet she will last forever. It says "Exclusively Made for Atlas in Japan" and "Atlas Sewing Centers, Miami FL" on it. This is probably a clone of some sort right? Thanks for any help given.