Old 05-20-2013, 08:30 AM
fireworkslover

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
Thanks everyone. It sounds like it's a personal choice. I guess I'll remove the paper before I put it together..... I'll press and trim to size. All your suggestions were great.

And I love that fold back method to paper piece. I'll have to try that on the next project. The only thing I wonder about is if you can put freezer paper in the printer. I don't think I want to hand trace all the paper piece patterns. The kimono block has 4 separate parts that get sewn together at the end. That would be 80 pieces of pattern to trace..... too much. I did hear someone say that they bought freezer paper in a regular 8 1/2 x 9" sheet size. Have any of you seen this?
Yes, I have ordered this and it goes right into your printer, no problem. I do not iron it to a piece of fabric, just put in one piece at a time. It's a bit heavier than freezer paper on the roll from the grocery store. I usually press it to my ironing surface one time before using it for PP, then it doesn't stick so hard to your PP pieced block. You can reuse it multiple times before it no longer sticks to your fabric. How many times depends on how many times you iron it, but I generally get 6 -7 blocks out of one piece. You fold your paper on each sewing line and then fold the paper back and stitch right next to the fold, so you are not sewing thru the paper. 8.5" X 11", 50 pages /pack www.cjenkinscompany.com