Old 05-20-2013, 08:54 AM
Jim's Gem

Originally Posted by Sandrea View Post
What is a "1/2 sq. triangle exchange"? How did you do that? Sounds interesting....how would I get something like tht going with either our church or the Sewing Guild?

As a group we decided on it. One of our gals brought up the subject and said she would love to make a quilt with 1/2 square triangles in bright batiks. We all decided it sounded good. We bought about 6 rolls of Triangles on a roll in the size that we wanted. This helps us to make uniform sized pieces. The first weekend of June is our local quilt run, so most of us picked up FQ's of the fabric we wanted to use on the run. Everyone made as many triangles as they wanted to use. We then brought our sewn and cut up triangle pieces (un pressed and with paper still on them) Tossed them all together. that was fun! We then picked out as many as we put in. I made over 500 but I still have some left.
The year before we had done the same thing but with blues and smaller triangles. Everyone picked the pattern that they wanted to use. I was the second to last to put mine together. There is still one gal who has not decided what to do with them.
For mine, I just played with them until I saw something I wanted to do.

It would probably be easier with a smaller (6 - 10) group than a larger one just because of the amount of triangles you would be mixing up.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!