Old 05-20-2013, 01:45 PM
cneajna

Default Hello...new to this forum... looking for a fellow member

I have one friend who told me about this forum, but a few days ago I "met" a lady at the Houston airport who also mentioned it. I don't have a lot of info, but hoping it's enough to find and contact her. First name is Karen, lives in W VA, was a nurse (now retired). She was on her way to Dallas when we met up and got stuck in the airport for 8 hrs on a layover overnight last week (May 16th). We had a nice visit talking about sewing and machines, etc. Made the 8 hrs go by a lot faster. If anyone knows who she is beyond the info I posted above, let her know please?
As for me, I've been quilting about 4 yrs, sewing more than 50 yrs. My main area of interest aside from that is vintage and antique machines - their repair, refurbishment and restoration. I collect as well. I've made one quilt from a pattern, all the others (about a dozen) I made from my own "pattern" (which is to say not really a pattern at all). I discovered quilting patterns and I do not play well together. I'm better at making them up as I go.