Old 05-20-2013, 02:41 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Man I could use a cuppa. Thanks QNS. I was getting the oriole and hummingbird feeders ready this morning--I know I'm late--Mr Oriole has been chastising me from my bedroom window every morning--and my neighbor on the river called. Last night lots of rain fell to the west of us and a majority of that comes down the river near here. She's been flooded out 2x before and was taking preventive measures and asked if I could come up and move things from lower level of the house to ground floor--they have a tri level house with a basement level. So left the feeders in the sink--started fixing a bite for DH and myself; took 2 yo back to the barn and headed up. Another neighbor also came by as well as her DS and DIL. We moved things up in about 5 hours time and she has walkway paths through out the upper levels; but hopefully they will stay high and dry. Her DH is on the road and should be back by now. Yes I'm whipped, but managed to make sense of packing her fabrics and clothing patterns for her GD AG doll as well as move lots of things up from basement area. Another friend who lives about 20 miles upriver talked to my DH and said he's seen the water higher only once before. Hopefully preventive measures will work.
OK grands are here now so better check to see what they are up to!!!