Old 05-20-2013, 05:58 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

JanieW ... OMG your tulips are beautiful! Kind of like getting two for one, with those colour changes. And the white edge adds for extra interest. Nice to see and enjoy after a long winter!

I'm SO impressed with all of you Ladies who know all your plants by name, and even down to the variety/hybrid. I know my plants by these names .... yellow lily, bronze lily, yellow daisy-like thing, green fuzzy creepy crawly, etc.!!!! My Black Eyed Susans are just that ... which variety? I have NO clue! Likewise the Echinacia. Bet I surprised you that I even know their names. Then there are the host of hostas ................

CarrieM ... Look at those blocks, spinning together! That swirly fabric was all one fabric, and there were other parts that had blues, turquoises, purples, darker greens, orange/reds. It reminded me of a Spirograph design. Am I aging myself?

MiraB ... what beauty you must have when your hibiscus blooms. I was stymied about Hippeastrum and thanks to google discovered they are amaryllis. Now that'd be something to see growing naturally, instead of our potted "Audreys"! I have two perennial hibiscus bushes that put on quite a show late in the summer. They don't show their new growth til quite late ... so much so that I am thinking they are dead, then all of a sudden they spring to life. So right now, I am watching and fretting! Our hard winters often kill out some of these more tender things!

OKSGlad ... how good of you to run to the aid of your friend. I'll hope for her sake that it is not so bad as feared.

And now for the unveiling of my May MB ........
[ATTACH=CONFIG]414689[/ATTACH]
Many Thanks to JanRN ... Isn't it beautiful? The block is called "A Flash of Diamonds" from the book "Quilts for Rosie". The colours are absolutely bang on with my MB Wish List. The fabric is exceptional!!! I took it outside for the photo shoot, and got eaten alive by the mosquitoes (know anything about that CarrieM?), so by the time I did that, I said, forget a group shot. They do play well together!

Guess what? It just started raining ... cats and dogs! And lots of thunder and lightning. So Anael, guess I won't need yours! Now so long as it is not everlasting as Anael's rain ... or related to that dreadful tornado in Oklahoma this afternoon.

Before I succumbed to the mosquitoes ... I did get this shot done, to appease our LovelyDDamsel. Speaking of whom, where is she?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]414700[/ATTACH]
The hexies have one inch sides, so this will be a table topper as it's about 20"x29". The white isn't white, but a pale mauve floral. It isn't laying too flat, as most of the papers are still in place. The single flower is going to be my guinea pig as I will hand quilt and then try the facing method with that ring of hexies. If that works, then I'll do the same for the table topper.

I'm hooked on these hexies and the process and am looking forward to doing something else as it's been a perfect on the go project for me!
Attached Thumbnails mb-janrn-3-.jpg   gfg-2-.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltE; 05-20-2013 at 06:14 PM.