Thread: Guilty
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 05:17 AM
Pat625

Originally Posted by Rhonda Lee View Post
Awww.... to quilt or not to quilt with guilt? No guilt here. If I have chores to do they get done first. A little discipline goes a long way to squash that feeling of guilt. If I have yard work it gets taken care of in increments of time but no more than an hour a day. Same thing with the house. Alittle more time with the cooking. I grew up on a farm and old habits have stuck with me regarding productivity. I am busy and get a lot accomplished but my day is planned, even down time. I take care of my MIL that is 90 years old and has dementia(spell check is needed here). My own mother gets one day a week and it has been a great thing to do for myself as well as for my mom. My dad passed away a year ago. Mom will be 86 in July. I have a large combined family. Together my husband and I have 7 living children and one deceased. With their spouses that totals 14 adults that are now in their 30's and 40's. 19 grandchildren from 2 months to 22 years of age. We have a revolving door. I have always worked, mostly as a case worker. I am now retired but take that retired with a smile. I also watch my newest grandson 2 days a week and a 1st grade granddaughter before and after school. There are many coordinated efforts made to make this all work but it does. I couldn't do it without help and without being organized. I quilt between stuff and after stuff and sometimes an entire day, but quilt I do and I love it. NO GUILT RAIN OR SHINE.
WOW!I will never complain about being busy again..I actually lived like that until I had to quit working due to a disability..Guess the saying is true~~ If you want something done give it to a busy person! Here's hoping you can find more time for yourself