View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 06:07 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KarenR
That is soooo amazing. How long did it take to quilt? Did you have to do any extra blocks beside the swap?

Thanks everyone. I am overwhelmed with the responses. I loaded this quilt on my rack on Saturday the 11th and finished it up on the 19th. I would guesstimate there is probably around 20 to 24 hours of quilting in this. But it is hard to estimate because I stand and stare for a while at blocks I didn't have a good firm idea going in. Also one of the blocks I used golden thread paper on was an intricate Karen McTavish motif called Stealth. I used the paper on the center portion and it took me about an hour to pick out the paper after it was quilted. This one:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]414721[/ATTACH]

On the piecing... Oh yes I definitely pieced extra blocks. I stupidly only signed up for 12 12 1/2" unfinished blocks in the swap. So I got 11 from other swappers and one of my own back. So I made 6 more 12 1/2" blocks, 14 6" blocks out of crumbs and scraps and 6 6 x 12 blocks. This was my first time trying needle turn applique as well, which I loved. I did the cat and one of flower blocks using the freezer paper techique and the other flower block I marked and turned on my drawn mark. I liked freezer paper better.
Attached Thumbnails green-batik-block.jpg