Thread: Bernina Prices?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 07:05 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by calla View Post
I have a Janome, the gem from 12 yrs ago. Not too many hours on it.......I purchased it because it was light weight, however it has few bells and whistles. And now it is very noisy.................I also have a Bernina 230 and it is super. The stitches are even, has + features, I am lucky to have it. If you go to garage sales you seldom see a Viking, or a Bernina for sale..........ask yourself why.................they are keepers................that is why. I also have Vikings........I don't mean to brag...........one way to purchase one is with one of those 0% credit cards................also having a supportative dealer is most important. calla
I bought both of my Vikings this way and don't regret it. Its tight during the paying process so I'm really happy at the no finance rate but love the machines. You are right, there is a reason why you don't see these machines in thrift stores or CL very often; they are keepers. Even if you don't keep them, the dealers know they can resell them so its easy to use them for a trade in; that's what I did with my Ruby and before I even got to bring my Ruby in they had it sold. Can't beat that for a turnover.