View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 07:18 AM
nancia

that's really nice suzi!! is this for one of your husband's band members? i like the way you used the 5 theme!
my efforts for the next few weeks will be toward making lapquilts for the victims of moore, oklahoma. i know there's a thread started under donations if anyone would like to help, too, they are, i think, asking for completed lapquilts. you probably want to check with the thread and see if there are any hints, or other requests. this is a great time to donate to the red cross as they are the first responders and will be there for quite a long time, the devastation is beyond belief! they are still pulling people out of debris. the elementary school had 75 people in it and they have been pulling them out , mostly children. in a tornado the best places to be are underground or in a building such as the school. schools are engineered to stand up to tornadoes, but this tornado was stronger than an ef4 if it could decimate that building. ef4 is usually the strongest tornado. tornadoes are rated after they hit since there is no way to take measurements in the tornado itself. it is rated based on the damage it does. an ef4 leaves a house in rubble but would not destroy a school engineered to withstand it. an ef5 takes the rubble with it and can blow down just about anything. the difference in wind strength is from 200mph (ef4) to up to 300+ (ef5). from the devastation and by those parameters, at least part of this tornado was ef5. the pictures are just heartbreaking!
dottie--i hope things are going alright for rob, and he is improving. our thoughts and prayers are beamed your way!

Last edited by nancia; 05-21-2013 at 07:25 AM.