Old 05-21-2013, 09:29 AM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by levada View Post
I use Sandboxie to browse the Internet. It is a free program. What it does is contain any malware that jumps on you when visiting a site. It is contained within the "sandbox"....lol and then every once in a while you delete anything in there. Nothing is 100% safe 100% of the time, but Sandboxie has saved me many times, and it works with any browser you like to use.

Hope this helps.

Levada
sandboxie & other sandbox type security programs are very effective.

i just forwarded this topic and a few of your responses to my son. he was a software engineer at symantec - they write the norton software, and he is now a software engineer at adobe systems. he told me that i-pad, i-phone and a few other mobile devices have sandbox type security programmed in. he also said that the androids mobile units may not as they are a favorite target of badies that target us w spyware, virus' etc.

here is a link to search with all the pages it pulled up for discusions, down loads & more for sandboxie and similar antiviral sandbox software that is available.

http://www.zapmeta.com/?vid=l7153688...ie+alternative

i strongly suggest that your pc's ahould probably have a program like this. i don't have it on my pc, but i will. i don't visit the board w pc, just my ipad. but i have noticed that i am getting emails from every thread i read now, logged in or not. i used to only get emails to threads that i had logged in and subscribed to. i think it is correct of me to assume that the personal email entity that i use to recieve emails from websites, is now compromised. i think also, that the Quilt Board operators and tech support should have adressed this issue when those of you who contacted them reported it.