View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 12:28 PM
CAS49OR

I'd suggest using the words "Moving Sale" in your ad. I'm a yard sale fanatic and have developed my own way of figuring out what the sale is about. "Moving Sale" often has great stuff for a good price. "Huge Sale" has often turned out to be a bunch of baby clothes and little else. "Estate Sale" often has things that are old and musty (by the time I get there) Some estate sales will allow you to place a bid on items that you want to pay less for. If they haven't sold by the end of the sale you get it at your offered price. I bought a nice pipe organ that way, but never learned to play it.

One thing that really annoys me is to go to a sale and the price is not marked. It's nice you have a plan to clearly mark the prices. There are many good suggestions here. I think your prices are great, good luck with the sale! I think it may be harder to sell patterns because people will think they can find them free online.

My Pet Peave: People who leave their yard sale signs up on poles or street corners, so I waste gas and time and increase traffic to their neighborhood for a sale that is not current! I know that doesn't have a thing to do with you, just had to say it, maybe someone will read it and think twice about that! It's kind of like litter seeing all those old signs tacked to a pole!

Your avatar is very cute, do you knit or crochet too?