Old 05-22-2013, 04:56 AM
gardnergal970

Mirabelle....I too think the Marjen is better with your adaptations. Have fun at patchwork!
QNS....try using the kitchen timer to establish some time outs for each other. I did that when my kids were little. Everyone had to nap after lunch and they would usually complain. I would set the timer for 30 minutes and if they could hear it, they could get up other wise they needed the nap. There were times I set the timer for longer if I needed break but I never told them. An impartial referee could take some of the tension out of the air.
Honchey...what beautiful rhododendrons! Growing them are on my bucket list.
Jeanie...welcome back. I hope DH is fully recovered, the smoke has cleared from the fires, and the renovation goes smoothly.
Janie...you gave me a laugh too. Sorry about the virtago. My older brother has something similar to the point that there isn't too much that he enjoys doing anymore and he was always to active with building and gardening.
QuiltE....what restraint! A new machine and table and nothing to show for it yet! I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off of it.
JanR....just saying hi and don't work your fingers to the bone! We posted at the same time. Congratulations on the house. We don't turn friends away if they have a whinny time.
Carrie...I bet you could grow azaleas like Honchey. Shade and acid soil and they love it. Also I've found the knock out roses. Give them a chance and they will grow almost anywhere and bloom constantly. I don't trim mine much but they are pretty well mannered demanding little care.
No rain during the day yesterday so I finally got to the garden mid afternoon. Something is digging in one of my beds!! Luckily I haven't planted it yet. It looks like rain today so I think I can get SS together and clear the design wall. Have a good day everyone!

Last edited by gardnergal970; 05-22-2013 at 05:01 AM.