Old 05-22-2013, 11:12 AM
tropit

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Bamboo is a very nice batting, soft with a lovely drape. However, if you want environmentally sound and socially responsible products, stay far, far away from it. I did a lot of research on it a couple of years ago, and it is NOT environmentally friendly.
I've heard that rumor. I used to work in the apparel industry and there was a lot of talk, pros and cons, about bamboo. With so much competition in that sector, I'm not sure what I believe to be true and what not to believe.

There are a couple of designations/certifications that are awarded to organic fabrics, which helps. One is the GOTS, which stands for, "Global Organic Textile Standard." Here's an explanation of what it stands for: http://tilth.org/certification/stand...-textiles-gots.

Another one is, "Organic Exchange (OE) 100," which tracks organic fibers, making sure that they do not get mixed up with non-organics.

"SBP,' gives honors for fabrics made out of sustainable and biodegradable products.

You can also look for the words, "low impact dyes," on the label, or description.

~ Cindy