Thread: $300 for a 222K
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 11:36 AM
ArchaicArcane

222s also came to Canada. Because they were available here and overseas, it does lower their price a little in our market. I do see $800- 900 regularly for them here, but they move pretty fast when they're priced like that if they come with everything. I've seen them as high as $1200

I picked one up in January: http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...l-t210182.html - same price. Eliza (her official name, after my aunt, you'll see why in that thread) didn't sew when I got her. The timing was off, someone had been futzing where they shouldn't be, the "finger" was misplaced, the bobbin case was misassembled, the machine was sluggish moving. I bought her anyway. Timing is easy to set (with patience), the rest was cleaning, oil, grease, and proper assembly you would do with proper maintenance. She sews like a dream today, and looks great too.

Even if there is no bobbin case, it's still a really good deal for a 222. The bobbin case can be had from People like Glenn Williams in Florida for an original. Across the Ocean, I wonder if Helen Howes can help you...