Old 05-22-2013, 06:42 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

I see I have missed much today, while I was "on the road, again!"
On the way home I went thru one wicked rainstorm ... couldn't see a thing, and there was this car tailgating me on a narrow highway, as we were meeting other vehicles. With no where safe to pull off, I had to continue on. I knew there was a parking lot coming up ... drove out of it, before that though. Made it home, safe and sound ...... and by then, an hour later, the sun was shining!

I should have dropped by the RV ... some better food waiting, than I found in my own kitchen for supper!

JanRN and DublB ... what a block ... B+W with some fancy embroidery! You're really mastering your new machine DublB. So many different B+W fabrics.

QNSue ... 200 of each variety ... my goodness you have been busy! Re Honchey's vacation suggestion ... sometimes vacations can be had without leaving home ... or locally without sleepovers. I do a lot of that and can create a vacation, just with a few hours .... sometimes only minutes worth!

JanieW ... Well Said, with all those good warm and fuzzy feelings! This has become a very special group to me. THANK YOU EVERYONE for your friendships!!! Maybe I could do some fancy quilting in the Irish Cream borders. I think OKSGlad nailed it that the larger one is just too busy to do much, but that dark green might show off something ... but am I good enough, as it'd really show!

DDamsel ... good to see you drop in, between windy times! Ready to go on a midnight raid with me, for all of today's baking?

Anael ... yup, I used WHITE! shock!!!! As for getting going with the BSR, yes that's in the plan, soon ... though I need some good coaching and guidance as to what to practice, to be ready to quilt these and my new machine project 4PP that's soon ready too.

OKSGlad ... ITA with the diagonals, though wonder if it'll be too skimpy on the quilting. Thinking a lot like you that fancy border quilting will be lost. Have been thinking of a stipple/meander like I used in the Baby Irish one. The smaller one was the start ... and then I wasn't totally happy with it, so abandoned it for the cows in the centre smaller square as well. I think you saw the end result, as the chains being the fence, and the snowballed outer block, like a picket fence!

Maybe I should call the smaller one Irish Cream?

MiraB ... did your FFC travel bag get lots of attention at patchwork today?

CarrieM ... more baking! muffins and squares!! Thanks for sending those cows north!

MercysLand ... Welcome Back!!! Do we make any sense to you? My PC is at the LAQ now, and hopefully she is now working on it. You'll see that I took some creative license with mine, adding in some blocks with meaning to me, of my rural background.

I think someone asked the purpose of these ... they'll both be used in the Story of Butter displays this summer/fall. Heaven forbid, that we should use the same ones as last year!!

Last edited by QuiltE; 05-22-2013 at 06:45 PM.