Old 05-23-2013, 05:09 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Good Morning!

Anael ... That really takes meander up a notch! Nicely done! Thanks for the visual. I printed it and have just sat here tracing over it with a pen. I'm not a big placemat person, though my plan is to haul out some prints and make some for practice pieces. Yours will be one!

JeanieG ... As I walked into the room this morning, the lilacs hit me with a waft of scent ... and now, I am starting to fill up! Yes, somewhat allergic, but I like to tolerate it, to have the enjoyment!! I'm like you and have problems following a FMQ design without getting trapped in a corner ... or forgetting to put the loopy flower in the midst. Lately I've been printing them out, as above, and then tracing to help me get the flow of where to do what!

MiraB ... thanks for the suggestion ... my problem is what sort of a design works. And as GGal mentioned, your ability to match the quilting with the elements in a quilt is amazing and let each part of the quilt "speak". It's so good to "hang out" with you, and try absorb the abilities! Osmosis? Good Plan ... add camera to your FFC bag!

GGal ... good description of what our group has become! Now, do you suppose we could get Guild status, to allow us the LQS discounts? Oh delicious ... cocoa mulch! Maybe it's the Easter Bunny?

JanRN ... When I did Monty last year, I had the whole border marked for cross hatching, and part way thru had to re-mark, so now I've been doing it in sections, then quilting, then marking ... but that's such a pain! Your signing, etc. do you do that as part of the quilting? or with a marker on front? or label on back? or? ENJOY your "all to yourself day" ... Remenber it's all about Me! Me! Me!

Marking Quilts
... too funny, JanRN, I was asking the exact same questions, and then I saw yours! I'm always wondering what to use. Maybe with both of us asking, we'll get twice the feedback? Especially for darker fabrics, what do you use for marking? Chalk? Anyone use the "soapstone" marker? Pros Cons?

Labels and Names ... My quilts have always had their own names ... the big red one, the white one, etc. I never thought of "naming" them til I came to the QB. Even now with names, I still usually reference them as Eloise's quilt instead of In The Pink. And these ones will probably just get called the cow quilt and table topper ... even though they are named! Labels, I tend not to do, though I do put a label on any that I give away. It's just me!

Last edited by QuiltE; 05-23-2013 at 05:28 AM.