Old 05-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

Linda - When I made up the schedule for this I took the suggestions of some who had been in an early DJ group here. The main comments were that they wanted some 'cohesiveness' - to be able to at least roughly see what was coming together - so I worked the schedule going down from Brenda's A through M but focusing heavily on the "EZ" blocks as listed in her software. If you look at the schedule in the first post to this thread the greens are ez and the red the most difficult. For those who have the book some of the sketches will not look like the original blocks. If you have the software, the original blocks will sometimes be found among the 'center block variations.' I also put the triangles throughout the schedule so they wouldn't be daunting at the end.

I have a friend who is making Jane with a group of women - all at their own rate and all by hand! They are working theirs from the center out and with an around the world scheme in mind. G7, then G6 and G8, F7 and H7; then G5&9, F6 & 8, H6 & 8, E7 and I7. and so forth. It works for them. They are sewing them together in a circle as they go - for me this would be hard because I havent decided how I want to quilt yet, only that whether by hand or machine I will QAYG. This can't be done in a circle fashion!

Whatever you decide- enjoy it!! and dont let any of it get you overwhelmed You can ask questions here or PM me any time
Monica [akaGus]