Old 05-23-2013, 11:26 PM
mirabelle

Wow I have only been gone for a day and it takes me an hour to catch up on the chatter

Another beautiful MB
Glorious scenery and ducks

As for marking quilts I use the Frixion pens that when pressed disappear. I have heard negatives and positives about these pen and I have had no problems with them, for dark fabrics I use a white chalk liner NOT the blue one. I marked a cream quilt top with blue chalk and I had to hand wash it out, boy was I panicking as it was not my quilt

The only advice I can give you about what design to use on a quilt top QuiltE is what I was told many years ago, if the background fabric is busy, keep the design simple as you are not going to see any fancy quilting. If it is a solid or light background I generally try and use a slightly darker thread which will show your design. When reading (studying) quilt magazines, books etc I always like to see the quilt design they have used on their quilts. Oh I wish I lived closer

Anael what wonderful news I am jumping for joy that the twins are getting a weekend pass. Meet you all in the RV tomorrow for a celebration

Mercysland maybe we could organise something so you can see our beautiful quilts, like your own personal quilt show