View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 06:03 AM
Gerbie

I am currently doing something similar, but I am using 3 strips and just before the border, I think I may try this out on the binding. I have seen bindings done before using a flange, and this is my first attempt. The quilt I am working on is our quilting groups challenge quilt for our Fall Fair in Oct. We are all doing a black and white quilt with another color somewhere in the quilt "to make it pop" the rest of the group says. I have had a very hard time adding another color to this quilt, because to me a black and white is just that , all black and white with no other color, but I am following along and adding another color. I didn't want much color, and I am using burnt orange between two black pieces. Will be giving this quilt to my son for Christmas as he likes black in his bedroom and bath area. His favorite collegiate team is Univ. of Tex. and burnt orange and white are their colors. Luckily I found some burnt orange to use, so this will be my "pop" color. I am presently adding the flange pieces and the border. My pattern is the "Gypsy Sampler" by designer Debbie Maddy. The quilt top itself has been a real challenge. I am going to use a lot of HST in black and white and solid black with solid black sashing, that I had left over from a reversible quilt I made him a few years back, so this will be almost a reversible quilt as well. When this thing is finally completed, will attempt to post a picture of it.