Old 05-24-2013, 06:22 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Oooooooh a PC and FWS quilt show!!! Yippeeee!!!!
I'll go and get my pics and post again soon!

Anael
... don't sell yourself short, you did more than one PC!

It's so nice to go back and re-look at all these wonderful quilts!
So FUN to see Anael's and CarrieM's PCs being used!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CarrieM ... Thanks for the hint to make strips wider and trim to precision/squaring. This block has me intimidated, for some reason! Perhaps another date today, with MrCarrieM?

MiraB
... thanks for the extra tips! Makes total sense re busy fabrics, simpler quilting ... plain fabrics more elaborate. I think in the past I was lazy and did not pay a lot of attention to quilting designs, being that I did not do it. This last year, I've paid more attention, and yet, almost feel as though I know, no more! Or am I just more confused??

Marking ... I use Frixxions but mostly for wrong side markings. I have found they can bleach the fabrics when ironed off, so am hesitant when doing top work. The old test-test-test is vital!

Anael ... two fabrics, and what a classic look to it. And even in my autumn colours! I tried zooming in to see the FMQ, but can't get a good look of it. Darn!! Looks like an open feather sort of design?

DDamsel ... yes, shop shop shop for more quilting supplies and get that machine singing along!! Be sure to get what is needed to quilt your PC!! We want to see that barbed wire!! As for your DS, perhaps he is just following in his Mother's footsteps? A little of monkey see-monkey do?