View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 08:55 AM
dlf0122quilting

I have a Pfaff QE 4.0 that I love for all my quilting and sewing needs. I also own two Elna 6005 that is great for everything too, I bought the second one in case anything ever goes wrong with the first one because I just love that machine. They are hard to find which tells me I am not alone in my thinking. I have a Viking 180 that I inherited from my mother but it is in the closet because I am not fond of the Viking. I do have a Brother CS6000i that I use to take to class because it is very light weight and has enough functions on it to do most anything. It's only drawback is that because of the lack of weight, the machine moves on the table as I sew. The other machine I have is a Juki 98E and it is great when I have a lot of FMQ to do. It is very heavy duty and will sew any fabric. I also have the added feature that all the elna and brother feet are interchangeable. I can also switch the ankle on my Pfaff, Brother and Elnas to accommodate All the feet. I thought about the Bernina but the feet are expensive and it does not offer me any more than what I have on my other machines. I clean all my machines often and use my machine book to troubleshoot.