Old 05-24-2013, 10:41 AM
KLO

I have one that I bought used but have not used it recently due to a move. It is a nice, heavy duty machine that only straight stitches but that is what it was made to do. It sews up to 1600 stitches per minute so it's fast and great for quilting either free motion or otherwise. It also has a larger harp space than most regular domestic machines so it's easier to wrangle a quilt through it. It's really a semi-industrial like machine so it's heavy and stays put. It comes with a nice big sewing bed and a knee lifter. The one thing you do have to remember with it is to oil it a lot. It's very thirsty so oil it before sewing and maybe even in the middle of a long sewing period. Don't inundate it with oil; just put in what the Pfaff instructions tell you but do it often if you are using it a lot. With the way this machine is built, I expect it to last a long time plus there is not much to go wrong with it. Oh and it has the thread cutter which can be handy and the "needle up/down" feature too. I would buy this machine again if I had the opportunity especially at "used" prices compared to other machines. Good luck!

Last edited by KLO; 05-24-2013 at 10:45 AM.