Old 05-24-2013, 01:04 PM
BertieD

My hair is very fine but straight as a board and flops in and on my face when I don't put it on rollers. Then when I take the rollers out, I have to give myself a 'helmet head' or the curl would be gone before I got where I was going! I've been taking medicine for asthma for last 20 years or so and I think the meds and aging thins your hair! That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I have a funny wig story for you all. When I was about 30, I decided I needed a wig so I would look good at work every day without having to hold my arm up and curl my hair or fix it every morning of the week. Well, hubby didn't think a wig was necessary so I bought one anyway--same color as my hair. Wore it home one night and every night before bed I would put it on a wig stand in my closet. (We have his and hers) One night lying in bed, closet door opened, I saw a mouse run across the clothes rod! Eek! First thing I think of is it's a momma looking for something to make a nest with and I thought of my wig instantly being cut up into lil shreds. I jumped out of bed, grabbed the wig and took it over and put it in my bottom dresser drawer. A couple days later my daughter is looking for something and holds up her hand with my wig on it "what's this?" My hubby looked at me with a look that would say "I'd love to put you 6 ft under" and roared at me "you just thought you HAD to have it, didn't you?" and myself just roared right back with a resounding "YES!" and that was that! LOL!