Old 05-25-2013, 06:39 AM
gaiatender

Cindy...I am your partner...don't do it over, cover with anything. It will be beautiful I know.

Well Krystayna...bet YOU DO have a lot of interesting stories...been there, done that huh? Do you still do Yoga? I've been trying to stay with a routine, use the DVD "Yoga for the Rest of Us," yoga styled for people who don't have a lot of mobility. When I do it, I do feel better but am hard-pressed to stick to anything these days!

Know where you are all coming from with hair. Have always had straight and very fine. Let it grow awhile once and French braided it which actually gave some volume. I like the way it looked although not as full and beautiful as people with actual hair.

A few years ago I let my hair go completely gray...it was white but shinny and I think quite nice. My girls did not like my natural look and hounded me to color it. My mom colored her hair for years...when I was going gray, kept asking when I was going to color it. When she had cancer she announced she was NOT going to color her hair...seems my step dad was the reason she did. Even when her hair fell completely out, she was beautiful, very young looking all her life. All the medical staff kept asking if she were my sister. It was then I colored it.
Now...I am letting it grow back gray...long process. My hairdresser (very young) insists I will look old...you know what? It is me and this time I won't be swayed. I am 66 and it's taken this long...to final accept who I am and be happy with what I want! Bet you all have the same awakening...hopefully at a much younger age.

Also have a pool, only exercise I am comfortable doing and don't want to mess with my hair. A hairdresser told me years ago...if you want color, don't swim. She also said with super-fine hair decide if you want color OR a permanent...that my hair would not tolerate both.
Love this board, have a great holiday weekend!
Remember Cindy...do NOT start over.