View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 08:09 AM
mcwillia

EllieGirl is absolutely correct about the Brother Dreamweaver. I got the sewing/quilting version. In addition to the features EllieGirl listed, the Dreamweaver has a touch pen that is used to tell the machine where to stop and adjusts decorative stitches to be completed before the stop point. The decorative stitches can be combined. Would you believe it sews sideways and on the diagonal at the push of a button? The machine has videos so you don't have to find the manual for help. Don't remember how to put in a zipper? The "?" button brings up a menu with technique instructions for sewing and quilting. It can be programmed to be put into sleep mode or shut itself down when you aren't paying attention to it. The optional programmable foot is a must in my opinion. With a quick tap of my foot, the machine can cut thread, take one more stitch, reverse or needle up/down.

Put the DreamWeaver on your wish list. It blows everything else on the market out of the water. The pricing is not outrageous and the machine is so user friendly. There is a learning curve if you want to learn all that the machine is capable of. But you can just jump in and start sewing. Hubby has decided he will have to fend for himself while the DreamWeaver and I are bonding.