Old 05-25-2013, 02:04 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

QE--how about this Ferris Wheel block for Cowbells and Carousels and put in some cows in the center or do you have some of that black/red graphic dairy themed fabric like the FQ you sent me?

http://lcscottage.wordpress.com/2012...l-quilt-block/

Then for the 4-H block something with the earth I see green land and blue seas. 4-H a world wide experience. Did you have an IFYE program in Canada?

Just brainstorming here, QE.

QNS what a striking two color block! Jeanie is right to be delighted!

Anael--I saw the clothesline!! GS was born in Sept '02 and when Dutch family came in November they brought along a wooden stork (maybe 1 1/2 to 2 m tall) with clothesline and clothes to hang from each side of it. DD and DSIL used the stork and line when baby #2 was born in '04, too. Such a neat tradition--if I remember it means Mom and baby (babies) are ready for company.

Our Memorial Day stems from several communities who honored our Civil War (1862-1865) dead. In springtime, mourners tended the gravesites--originally May 29th. Now celebrated last full weekend of May for a 3 day holiday. Cemeteries are covered with floral remembrances and flags. Monday GS #1 (11) is going to the Veterans service to help with the flag raising--he learned how to fold the Stars and Stripes properly. The Wisconsin GC (10 & 8) along with their 4-H club members put small flags on the Veterans graves at a local cemetery as a Citizenship project. Often times it's a cool blustery weekend--this year is no exception!

On 11-11 we celebrate Veterans Day. It is not a moveable holiday. The local VFW auxiliary sells poppies made by wounded veterans to help support their citizenship programs. "In Flanders Fields" was a part of our Literature curriculum in HS, but did not realize author was a Countryman QE and Janie.

http://www.flandersfieldsmusic.com/thepoem.html

Oh yeah PO was open this morning so MB got mailed in time Phew!! dublb look for your replacement as well! Should be Tuesday. I followed Carrie's mailing recommendations on your package, Bev.

DH and I may take a road trip west for the day tomorrow. It's an hour to his parents gravesite and another 2 hours to mine and since we won't be working in the field we just may go for the day. I don't go to my parents' very often because of the distance.