View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 05:53 AM
romanojg

If I'm piecing where it needs to be really accurate as far as the size of the block, especially when it's a small block, I will always use Aurifil. I had a problem several yrs ago when doing civil war blocks they'd never be the right size. My teacher checked my seam allowance and they were spot on. She then recommended Aurifil, its only two ply where most are 3ply. I never would have thought this would make that much of difference but OMG what a difference it makes. My blocks started being the size intended. It is also a great thread for quilting,even FMQ works great. Low lint. I also like connecting threads thread too. I use my serger thread to so embroidery with when I don't want to use the more expensive rayon thread. I had to play around with needle size to get it where it didn't break but now its great. I love to make free standing lace baskets or ornaments with it; very cost effective and I don't need it to be shiny like it is from rayon thread and its cheaper for those baskets, etc that the kids will just play with. You will always have people telling you what not to use and what to use. If it works for you then go for it. Your machine won't care; usually