Old 05-26-2013, 07:51 AM
DogHouseMom

QuiltE sent me a pic of the friendship square that sent back to her. I forgot to take a pic before it left home. Silly me.

The dog head is from a necklace that I purchased eons ago (close to 20 years I think). It was originally a necklace and it was the first "dog" item I purchased for myself when I started showing dogs (OK ... then it's well over 20 years ago!!). I used to breed and show dogs (hence the name DogHouseMom), and would occasionally wear jewelry that signified my breed. I bred Kuvasz .. and this is a very nice representation of a good Kuvasz head. I still have one Kuvasz here at home ... a male from my last litter. His name is Pig. Yes, I have a dog named Pig. Husband said he looked like the pig Babe from the movie when he was right out of the box and still wet (I must admit he did). The name stuck (despite my attempt to re-name him Banner).

QuiltE wanted something that said "that's DogHouseMom" and I have a machine embroidery Kuvasz, but could not scale him small enough to fit on the block. So I had a sideways think and thought ... I donate my Kuvasz head! I didn't attach him, left that to QuiltE to do after she sews the blocks together.

So meet DogHouseMom's "Pig" confined to a permanent "sit-stay".
Attached Thumbnails ffc-dhmom_-2-1.jpg