Old 05-26-2013, 08:09 AM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Poor Sammy-a faithful companion is an important part of our lives. You've given him a pretty brown and pink throw to snuggle under, mirabelle.

Attic windows, precise mitered corners, Anael. Some cheat and put a HST square in the corner--not you

Janie, you green blooded girl, I can imagine your mixed emotions regarding a blue ribbon pair of baby doll's and modeling them no less!! That was a lot of skin to be showing!!! My grands would love a trip like you took with yours--I should check with DH it might be a good day to take kids to Cabella's tomorrow. I like your block idea!

RE: parents doing kids work. This was always a pet peeve of mine as a member, leader, and judge. But you only get out of something what you put into it. My folks only showed us what to do--they didn't have the time to do anything else. As a parent/ leader/ member we all knew who did their own projects and those were respected and admired for it. 4-H isn't just about making things. As a 16 yo my Jr leadership project was to establish a dairy judging team for our county. I contacted a well known dairy farmer/judge to be our adult adviser--he accepted. I organized and led practice workshops; set up on-farm visits to other dairies; coordinated with county 4-H agents as to contests. Final say as to who was going to be on the 4 person team was the adviser. I participated in the state dairy judging contest for 3 years. The last year I placed 1st in just one of the breed classes--Adviser was tickled as it was a Brown Swiss class--the kind of cows he had! The team organization continued for several years after I finished my 4-H years and then disbanded.
When our DD was 16--guess what? She revitalized the team. She also led club workshops to teach youngsters art principles and elements of design. Many members created a "dream room" from what they learned through out the year as a fair exhibit. These were the two career paths she was torn with as a HS senior. She chose the former--and has used the latter in creating a beautiful home making wise consumer decisions.

We cancelled our trip today-heavy rain forecast in the direction we would be going-not up to a 3 hour rainy drive.

Last edited by oksewglad; 05-26-2013 at 08:12 AM.