Thread: New Iron
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 08:37 AM
madamepurl

OMG! I have the Rowenta that won't shut itself off. It's the blue on at Joanns. The 8090 I think... anyway 6 months in the tank leak and the pump broke. I sent it to be repaired. Another 6 months and the tank is leaking again. I'm just going to use it dry, but really! Ugh. I have the $8 beauty from WalMart and another one around $15 from Shopko that doesn't shut off and they both work wonders. The only thing is I wish it has a stainless sole plate, but really they remind me to press and not iron.

I also have a nice B&D digital advantage. If I'm listening to a book it's ok, but all that dang beeping while it shuts on and off is so annoying. It only has 15 minutes, but as I left it and went to fix dinner the other day... I'm thinking I should stick with the auto on and off. (lol)

Oh... I did have the Rowenta Steam Generator... that is what they use at my LQS. Well, that dang thing blew a leak and water was coming out of the on/off button as well as everyplace else. I thought for sure it was going to catch fire and I pulled the plug.

As for the Oliso, my friend went through 3 yellow ones and all the feet failed and burnt her ironing board up good. Thanks goodness she was in the room when it happened. She finally demanded her money back. She bought it at a show and they did pay up.

I have yet to try the Reliables. I asked at a quilt shop we went to the other day and the lady said she didn't like them, but they worked. Since they start around $100, I'm thinking right now just sticking with cheapies.