View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 04:41 AM
oldcatlady

Originally Posted by alikat110 View Post
I laugh when I read this! (Forgive me, as I don't intend to be rude). The swap is a FOUR MONTH swap with final mailing date of JUNE 1ST-which means could take to June 5th or later to recieve all blocks.....we all know this! To suggest that it is "dragging out" makes me think of how excited you are to do something so wonderful for your dad, and how much harder it is the closer you get to the deadline. It is, of course, your option to sit out on the next. It, too, will have a four month deadline. And, participants will still have life happen that prevents them from meeting the deadlines. I always hate when I check in on the thread and the comments have gotten negative (by more than one participant). This is the thing that will keep me from joining again....will have to think about it!

That being said...all of mine have been sent, last one approx. 2 weeks ago. Hope they have all found thier way home safely! I wait patiently for my grown ups...I have plenty of things to do while I wait.
Alikat110, I do agree with you. I hope you decide to play next Boom. I found something that works for me. I too get disappointed when I start reading 2 months into the swap posts that are listing blocks that still need to come home and lamenting that they can't get their quilts done because they don't have all their blocks yet. The 1st Boom I was in I thought I wouldn't do the next one because of it but I love the swap so I decided that 2 months into the swap I would just limit how often I got on the board in this swap. I wouldn't read it as often and that keeps me feeling good about the swap and enjoying it so I do hope you play with us next time. There are a lot of the players who don't post but still play. If it was different I would post more but I found this works for me