View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 04:55 AM
J Miller

Originally Posted by foufymaus View Post
<snip>

I've watched my mom quilt for years and never had an interest to pick up the rotary cutter. Then this year all of a sudden, i see a pretty Kenmore 50 and *bam* i'm piecing together my first quilt. lol It's almost magic seeing how much i've picked up over the years is helping with it. Mom is totally laughing at my attempt too! But she is offering advice on most of my problems. So in the future when i use the good fabric and encounter these problems again at least i know how to fix them.

My seams are messy, i'm totally using the wrong type of fabric (70's polyester) but it's coming along nicely for a first time deal. LOL My reasons for the type of fabric, i found a whole lot of yardage for a really low price of $2 for 4 yards on 4 different colors. I figured i'm going to screw up my first piece anyway might as well not blow mucho $$$$ on the good stuff.

I'm learning how the machine handles and it's 'vibe' like, i found out it has a slight clicking sound when i have it on one of the zig zag levels. I suspect the timing is off a bit there. Also it doesn't like to zigzag sometimes, and ya have to give it a bit of a boost with the hand wheel.

By the way, i'm 34. *wink*
foufymaus,

Strange how totally different folks can have parallels in their lives.

Lube your Kenmore with Tri-Flow. Get the oil in every nook and crannie that even looks like it should move. Especially all the articulating parts under the face plate. Old oil can gum up and restrict the movement of the needle bar parts.

Joe