Old 05-27-2013, 05:44 AM
Maire

Originally Posted by tjk829 View Post
I didn't realize there were "classes" of sewing machines when I bought my first machine....a Brother SE-350 from Walmart, I spent more than I had ever paid for a machine before and was so very proud and happy with it. It was a combination sewing/embroidery machine and I wanted a design card to explore the embroidery function. I went to a Brother dealer and they were very snobbish referring to my machine as a "just a mass produced machine" as if the ones they sold were made one at a time! When I was ready to purchase a big gun machine, I went to the Babylock dealer and purchased a high end machine that was basically the same as Brother but I didn't have to deal with those sellers. I guess that made me a reverse snob, but who cares where you get a machine if it works for you? Honestly sometimes I just don't get it!
LOL. all the machines are mass produced, did that dealer think his machines were made piece by piece by one person? The only problem for him was that you didn't buy it from him. I also vote for a Brother, love those machine from low end in big box stores to high end from dealers. Plus you will probably be able to use most the feet/accessories from your Elegante on a Brother.