Thread: Macaroni Salad
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 05:50 AM
teacherbailey

Kitchen Sink Pasta Salad:

In a large bowl, mix: One 16 oz box of pasta, cooked (I use rotini, you can use your favorite), two cans of small pitted black olives, two cucumbers diced to about 1/2" dice, two large ripe tomatoes diced to the same size, a chopped green pepper if you like it, three chopped celery stalks if you like them, one zucchini sliced thin and slices quartered, and one yellow squash prepared the same way. Add in 3-4 thinly sliced green onions too, with some of the green part. This is a mix and match salad so just put in and leave out what you want! Mix all together. Pour 3/4 of a 16 oz bottle of Zesty Italian salad dressing over all and toss to coat. Refrigerate at least a day until ready to serve. Mix in 8-12 oz shredded cheese (I use sharp cheddar) and as much of the rest of the dressing to make it the way your family likes it. After serving, you can add leftover raw veggies to this for the next day and some more dressing if needed. My family loves this no matter what I do to it, as long as I leave out pepper and celery.