View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 08:29 AM
moonwork42029

Originally Posted by alikat110 View Post
I laugh when I read this! (Forgive me, as I don't intend to be rude). The swap is a FOUR MONTH swap with final mailing date of JUNE 1ST-which means could take to June 5th or later to recieve all blocks.....we all know this! To suggest that it is "dragging out" makes me think of how excited you are to do something so wonderful for your dad, and how much harder it is the closer you get to the deadline. It is, of course, your option to sit out on the next. It, too, will have a four month deadline. And, participants will still have life happen that prevents them from meeting the deadlines. I always hate when I check in on the thread and the comments have gotten negative (by more than one participant). This is the thing that will keep me from joining again....will have to think about it!

That being said...all of mine have been sent, last one approx. 2 weeks ago. Hope they have all found thier way home safely! I wait patiently for my grown ups...I have plenty of things to do while I wait.
I'm sorry if you feel my comment is rude or negative. I have other swaps and needed to free up my design wall by mid June as it doesn't look like I'll have all the blocks in by then. Dad is excited about the blocks and I need to move them so he'll quit worrying about all the others and get him side tracked on a different set. He still doesn't know the blocks are for him. (BTW, I haven't received your lovely puzzle block...I hope it shows up at one of our houses)

I've been in several of the booms now and understand health/life issues come up. I really do appreciate the ones that have posted they'll be late (or had someone else post for them) and we know what's up with them. As far as "dragging", again I'm sorry if you felt this was negative.

Yes the mailing deadline is June 1 and to imagine that 10 blocks will come in is kinda hard given my past experiences in the booms...no messages/updates have generally indicated a block is not coming home. (8 if you count the 2 that let us know they've had problems...wishing them good health and speedy recovery times for the summer )

I would love if everyone was able to do a status update, mainly so we all know that our fellow boomers are alive and well and partially so we know to set the blocks aside and continue waiting if we know they are coming in. I don't want to arrange a block layout until I can get all the lovely blocks included.

If someone is feeling so overwhelmed, please let me know and I'd be happy for you to keep the fabric without worrying about a block and I can make a note on my spreadsheet. This is to be a fun learning friendly swap and I still feel it is.