Old 05-27-2013, 11:09 AM
Mizkaki

Nana,

The Domestic fiddlebase takes a Boye #8 needle. It is also called a Domestic notched needle because it has a notch on one side of the top of the shank. Unfortunately it is an obsolete needle, but possibly to be found on eBay.

However, the industrial MY1014 needle is a possible sub. The MY1014 has a thin shank like the Boye 8, and it is slightly shorter so it may work if scooted down slightly instead of seating fully up into the needlebar.

Cathy

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
I got a call from my neighbor who wanted some information about her grandmother's machine. It is a domestic and we were able to find the manual on the ismacs site. The question we have is, will regular needles work in this machine?

She wants to do some stitching with leather and said that her dad used this machine to repair his mining work clothes so she figures it should work to sew a leather chair seat that needs some repair. I remember Nancy (BoJangles) saying that she sews leather with some of her machines. Do you have to get a special needle for leather?

I took a few pictures..... it needs a little cleaning up but you can see the pretty stencils under all that grime. I'm helping her get it cleaned up a bit. Do you all know if there is a place to purchase the bobbin winding part that is missing?