Old 05-27-2013, 12:37 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

Love the blocks, Anael, lovely to look at. Thanks for sharing. Wonderful news about the SEW GRANDS. Now Mom and Dad can step up to the plate full time... and forget about any sleep!!

Any progress is good news, JeanieG.

Sorry if I mislead you, GardenGal. The quilting/sewing room is not a bedroom but a one only for quilting work. We shared, but his table and big cabinet took up all the room in there, and he finally moved out last winter, taking all his stuff back to his room. Granted because of mistakes the builder made in his Cad program, Dh has a smaller bedroom..not as large as mine or the quilting room. I now have four machines in the sewing room...and clear access to each one...Bernina 1530, the new Bernina 550 QE, and Bernette Embroidery Machine,340, and the one that seams everything with 5 spools of thread on it....Serger. And the cutting table plus boxes of projects, etc. Shelves hold my stash, bolts of fabric, batting and backings. Which I am going through to see what is necessary and what I can put in the scrap box by stripping or squaring freeing up space...which does need to be done regardless.

He (dh) has thrown little 'hissy' fits yesterday and today about the matter putting a two year old to shame....because I said, "No, you cannot bring everything back into the quilting room; but I will try to give you some space for your projects."...meaning no sewing machine cabinets or cutting tables or big boxes back in. He has already said he will sell his sewing machines and use mine....well, ours I guess. totally forgetting that he told me to get the sewing room I wanted 'cause he was going for a big tiller next spring....with attachments for mowing, tilling, snow plowing, etc. So I suggested that I got to use his shop; that did not go over very well, 'cause dh says, "You cannot see right without the vision in your eye!" Poor excuse is better than none. Its in such a mess, I would really rather not go into his shop...he can never find what he is looking for....so I know I could not either. Life is never dull in this household. Dh keeps things in turmoil; never know what he finds to be unhappy about next. In retirement and our sunset years, I would rather he adjust his thinking and be more positive in his attitude. I can dream and hope for the best. LOL!! Laughter is the best medicine of all.

If water rises up our top of the hills here, its past time to build that ark!