View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 08:21 PM
burgett

Default National 2 Spool Treadle Sewing Machine

Hello everyone! I hope I am posting in the right place. About 6 years ago, my mother-in-law gave me a National 2 Spool Treadle when she moved. She said it had been in her family for ages but didn't have the room. I am an avid seamstress and she thought I might like it. However, I have never really been into older machines (not for any good reason, just sew for my kiddos and have no use for it) and do not find the style of the cabinet my taste. Long story short, I have used it as a decorative piece of furniture in my home. I finally decided I don't have the room for it and was going to sell it. My problem is that there is hardly any information on them as far as what a fair asking price would be. I found a few pictures and it appears that the cabinet is original to the machine (not sure if they are even interchangeable to other cabinets???) and not sure if I should sell it as a set locally or take out the machine and put it on Ebay? Any help would be amazing!!! I can take pictures if it helps too. I am thinking she said it works but I have no idea what I would even do to see! As far as I can tell, the only thing that appears missing is the footplate and rod that connects it. I might have the attachments (they got separated from the machine...) but no manual. Please help anyone!