Old 05-28-2013, 08:24 AM
SteveH
Banned

Hey folks, it's been a while since I posted any updates (because I have not done anything worth updating about) but I wanted to let folks know what's not forgotten.

I am still working on a repeatable method for producing slide plates. I can currently produce rectangular ones with no problem at all, it is the ones with the "bite" taken out that are the most challenging to reproduce consistently.

I am working on the"Singer for a Deployed Soldier" and should have the first complete machine finalized tonight or tomorrow evening, posts to follow.

I am working on "Sandy" the Wheeler Wilson #8 that was sandblasted by the previous owner to attempt to resolve a"stuck" problem.... Sigh..... I have purchased a replacement needle bar and replacement presser bar. The originals were the "stuck" problem and once de-rusted they were able to be removed, but the damage to the shafts where they were sandblasted was sufficient that if I reused them they would thrash the passageways that they were designed to slide through.... There was also a break in the body that once the rusted parts were freed it separated. I am attempting to do a JBWeld repair. We shall see if it can withstand the rigors of use.

Now that it is freed from the rest of the machine, the bed of the Wheeler Wilson #8 is also going to be the test bed for our first attempts at doing MOP inlay. We have the mother of pearl cut out and ready to glue down. I will be mixing the shellac and pigment when I have a couple hours of time to mix and apply.

I am slowly acquiring more bits and pieces for the Machines which make up the "Victorian Sweatshop" show we put on. I just ordered a full set of Original Singer Model 12 accessories a full original set in the box of accessories for the Willcox and Gibbs, and about 1/2 of the parts I need for the Wheeler Wilson #8.