View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 06:00 PM
dmackey

Default Bruin's Quilt finally finished!

I started this quilt ages ago. After endless hours of custom quilting, I had to remove it all when a large fold was discovered on the backing. After months of ripping threads, a cigarette rolled off a table, onto the quilt, right smack in the middle of it, so I had to take out several blocks, repair the burned blocks, sew it all back together, and redo all the custom quilting!

This is simply two blocks. A saw tooth star and a square in a square (I used Jan's method). I got the embroidered Bruin logos from a dealer on Ebay at $80 per dozen. They came centered in a 12" square (search for your team name and add "quilt blocks"). The 12 different hockey players that are quilted into the diamonds (and very hard to center!), came from quiltrecipes.com and I did all the quilting on an HQ16 at my local quilt shop, Bits and Pieces, in Pelham, NH. The stars were SITD quilted by Liz Swan of Haverhill, MA.

The pictures just don't do it justice. The yellow is very vibrant with that touch of orange to match the Bruins yellow. My nephew, the recipient, LOVES his quilt!

Diane
Attached Thumbnails bruins-quilt.jpg   hockey-block.jpg   kelan-bruinss-quilt.jpg