View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 06:02 AM
maviskw

[QUOTE=piepatch;6091449][QUOTE=Sandrea I had to teach a class at the American Sewing Guild Sewing Retreat in Sebring last month and I taught the stitch and slash pillow and that was how I ended up with all the pretty discarded pieces.

Sandrea, I am curious to know..........what is a stitch and slash pillow? Inquiring minds want to know.[/QUOTE]

Our LQS owner did a demo on stitch and slash this spring. She laid out a piece of foundation fabric, (12 to 18 inches square) piled her "lint" onto it, added metalic and colored threads, making sure that everything was cut into small pieces. (Her pile of stuff looked to be almost an inch thick.) She put a piece of fabric over all that, right side up, pinned it well, and sewed lines every which way until a lot of it was covered in sewing. Then she slashed the top fabric (I think some of it was cut away) between the stitchings, and pulled and trimmed the stuff that now "birthed" itself. She used it for a pillow and the front of a purse. It was very beautiful.